Looking for something specific? Type it here and let Google search find it for you
Unique Dog Names For All Dogs
Here you’ll find great lists with unique dog names for every dog! All carefully selected and presented to you for the precious creature that just entered your life!
I have researched many sources and found thousands of names for dogs. However, I decided to include Only Those Appropriate For A Dog and not fill up pages with endless lists.
NEW! Thanks to the submissions of all the people following us on facebook a new page is now ready. TOP DOG NAMES! Real names of real dogs - plus some super cute photos. You have to see that first!
Let's See What Makes A Name Good For A Dog
There are some things you should consider when choosing a dog name so that you won’t regret it later.
Hello friends! My family chose the name "Sir Spanky" for me. Great name for a handsome boy like me, don't you think?
Sir Spanky's photo was shared by his mom, Kimberly Willis Altenberg, on our happy-lucky-dog's facebook page.
Useful Tips When Choosing Unique Dog Names
- Keep it sort and simple. Dogs respond better to names with one or
two syllables. Three maximum. Your dog will learn its name quicker and
training will become much easier.
- Have in mind that you are going to use one of these unique dog names
many times a day -everyday- for the next 10-15 years. Let’s assume that
you call your dog 15 times a day. That’s 54.750 times in 10 years! So, pick wisely.
- Say it aloud and listen to yourself. How does it sound? Is it easy to pronounce?
- How do you feel saying it? Would you feel comfortable shouting this name in public? What’s the dog’s reaction?
- Have in mind that your dog's name is his/her identity in the public world and also says a lot about you since you picked it. Does it send out the right message?
- Don’t choose a name that sounds like a command. This will probably confuse your dog and make training harder.
- Avoid giving your dog the name of a relative, co-worker, friend or your boss. Many people may feel offended.
- Avoid any potentially embarrassing name.
Something that sounds pretty at first, when your dog is still a cute
little puppy, can make you feel uncomfortable in the future. Names like "killer" or "stinky" can make people smile when they belong to a little
puppy. Things change the moment that same puppy grows up though.
- Reject any name that humiliates your dog. Names like "silly" or anything like that.
- Respect your dog. Take into consideration his/her
gender, breed, size, color, personality and special traits. Take your
time and get to know your dog. This knowledge will give you the best
ideas for the perfect name.
- Always keep in mind that dogs may not understand human language but they can certainly understand human reactions!
Now that you know all about dog names you are ready to pick the BEST name for your dog. Click and find out:
> Unique Names
If you like what you've found on our site, please click the
Facebook LIKE & SHARE Buttons.
Follow Happy Lucky Dog on Instagram
Visit and LIKE our Facebook Page
For Daily Posts, Super Cute Photos & Many More